Stems is a Multi-Channel-Stem-Player with high-quality resampling.
Use the right-click-menu to load individual files or the first 6 files from a folder.
Files can be either Flac or Wave.
Waves can be in many formats (loading-code comes from: https://mackron.github.io/dr_wav)
- Unsigned 8-bit PCM
- Signed 12-bit PCM
- Signed 16-bit PCM
- Signed 24-bit PCM
- Signed 32-bit PCM
- IEEE 32-bit floating point
- IEEE 64-bit floating point
- A-law and μ-law
- Microsoft ADPCM
- IMA ADPCM (DVI, format code 0x11)
If a file has a sample rate that is not exactly the same as the engine sample-rate the sound will be re-sampled with a high quality algorithm. Large-Windowed-sinc for upsampling and decimation. Special (faster) cases for up/down-sampling of 2x and 4x ratios.
Each Track have vu-meters whose color describes some detail about the sound.
- Green = Sound has same sample rate as project, no sample-rate-conversion has happened when loading this file.
- Orange = Sound has been upsampled. (no information present in the source data is being lost, but some very subtle change could occur)
- Red = Sound has been downsampled. (high-frequency data in the source data is thrown away)
I hope you like it!
Please report any issues to myself at: https://community.vcvrack.com/u/jnorberg